Terms & Conditions
Please read the following carefully. Payment of the rental deposit or full payment constitutes the guests acceptance of these Terms & Conditions. It is your responsibility to read all terms and conditions of the booking. These policies and procedures are in accordance with the National ‘Holiday and Short Term Rental Agreement’.
Our aim is to provide you with an enjoyable stay and a memorable experience for all concerned, resulting in your return visit and word of mouth referrals. We thank you for your understanding and look forward to your stay.
1. All bookings must be confirmed with credit card details & a minimum of 50% deposit is required to secure the booking. Payments can be made by MasterCard and Visa. Cash and direct deposit facilities available once credit card details are provided.
2. The balance owing on your reservation will be processed on the credit card provided four weeks prior to your check in date unless you advise us of a different form of required payment.
3. Standard check-in time is after 2.00pm . Check-out is strictly by 10.00am on day of departure to allow us to prepare for incoming guests
4. A couple is deemed as two (2) guests using one bedroom. Number of guests should not exceed the number stated on the confirmation or subsequently agreed in writing or email. Management reserves the right to charge an additional fee of $110.00 per night for use of the 2nd bedroom/bedding during the stay without prior arrangement.
5. Details required to secure all reservations includes: Name, mailing address/usual residential address, contact phone number, mobile phone number, email address, number of guests in your party, dates of occupancy and number of nights required and credit card details.
To maintain our standards for all guests we require that certain conditions be complied with. We appreciate most will respect our property and neighbours but the occasional abuse requires that we state the following conditions, your assistance in these matters ensures our ability to prepare/ maintain the cottage in a timely manner
1. It is the responsibility of guests to ensure the property is left in a similar state to its condition on arrival. It is anticipated the cottage will be clean and tidy, in an acceptable state of repair, with all dishes washed/dried and put away, stove and bench tops clean, all rubbish placed in outside garbage bins provided (remember to recycle)
2. Inspection on Departure: Whilst we understand that accidents can happen we would appreciate you informing us prior to your departure should there have been any damage/mishap as a result of your stay. At the completion of your stay management will conduct an inspection on the cottage. Credit card details are kept with your reservation, management will automatically debit any amounts outstanding for damage to the cottage/room, furniture or linen, extra charges for cleaning, extra guests staying, extra bedrooms/bedding being used, purchases, and expenses incurred as a result of theft, or loss to Allport Cottage and/or our neighbours.
3. The property is situated in a quiet residential area and in the interests of our neighbours; your booking is accepted on the express condition that you cause no disturbance and you maintain a reasonable noise level between after 10.00 pm and 8.00am. Parties and functions are strictly prohibited. The tariff charged is for domestic use only and for the use of our paying guests. Accordingly this rate does not allow for the extra wear associated with functions in the terms of cleaning, garbage removal, wear and tear, repairs etc. Use contrary to this may result in additional payments.
4. If any key, lock, security device or other goods belonging to the property is lost, payment to repair/replace the item is the responsibility of the guest. Management will debit the credit card that was given to initially secure the booking.
5. Loss- the owners take no responsibility for the guest’s personal property.
6. Please be advised that NO SMOKING is permitted indoors. Smoking is permitted outdoors only. For those who do smoke indoors, additional cleaning charges will be incurred for the dry cleaning/laundering of soft furnishings. i.e. curtains, rug, cushions, lounge, bedding etc. Guests are required to dispose of cigarette butts in garbage bins prior to departure.
7. Should you use the BBQ to avoid cleaning charges ensure it is cleaned prior to your departure.
8. Guests are required to ensure the property is secured when leaving the property, all doors and windows locked. Please return key to key safe and tumble the code to ensure the safe is locked.
9. Please be mindful of our costs and more especially our environment; try not to waste water, and turn of lights, air conditioning and heating when leaving the property.
Damaged or Missing Property
In the event that any property is damaged maliciously, or beyond normal wear and tear, or in the event that property belonging to Allport Cottage is lost or taken during the course of booking, management reserves the right to charge the reasonable cost for repair or replacement of that property to the guest, and in that regard, the guest acknowledges that the charge may be debited from the credit card or charge facility used for payment of the booking. Lost property is held for a term of 3 months. It is the responsibility of the guest to contact Allport Cottage to claim lost property. On request lost property will be returned COD via Australia Post.
Applies with confirmation of reservation and applies if cancellation is caused by the client or by the owner due to circumstances beyond management's control. Allport Cottage recommends Travel Insurance to safeguard against the possibility of any cancellations.
1. Reservations cancelled outside 21 Days of arrival will attract 30% cancellation fee of total amount. In case of advanced payment the refund is 70% of total amount.
2. Reservations cancelled between 21 Days or less will attract 50% cancellation fee of total amount. In case of advanced payment the refund is 50% of total amount.
3. Reservations cancelled or postponed within 14 days or 'No Show' will result in 100% of total amount being debited to the credit card given at time of reservation, minus any deposit already paid to Allport Cottage. In case of advanced payment refund will not be granted.
Is my credit card secure?
Your credit card transactions are secure. All on-line bookings are encrypted and sent through our secure server, using SSL technology to prevent information from being intercepted. Confidential information such as your credit card number will be used only to complete your accommodation booking. We currently accept payment with Visa and MasterCard.
What about my personal information?
When you make a booking, we ask for your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and so forth. Your name and address information is used solely for verifying your identity and for processing your booking. We do not share, rent or barter any personal information. We will not disclose any personal information unless required by law to do so.
What about E-mail?
Information contained within general email inquiries sent to firstname.lastname@example.org is used solely for the purpose of responding to your inquiry. We will send you information by e-mail, if you have requested it.
Further information on www.pcisecuritystandards.org/smb
General provisions: Allport Cottage reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions from time to time.
In this 'conditions of stay' the terms 'Property' and 'Cottage' means the property known as Allport Cottage located at 136 Brisbane Street, Hobart 7000 Tasmania and all of the other or personal property within or on the property.
The cottage is operated by Allport Cottage Hobart ABN 25 155 715752.